Main Categories: | Landscape | Fenceposts | Wildlife | Trees | Mushrooms | Art | Games || All Posts ||
for daily images, visit my ||Tumblr||

Monday 16 September 2024

iNaturalist Population Maps


 It's not perfect data by any means, but you can make some pretty interesting insights by browsing iNaturalist's species maps.

As someone who was very enthusiastic about reptlies growing up, it was always perplexing to me how I could never find any reptiles near where I lived in Central Scotland. Whenever I went on holiday I would find plenty, but not at home. As you can see from the iNaturalist data, I am not alone in finding reptiles to be scarce in the Central Belt.

Adder - Vipera berus - iNaturalist observations.

Slow worm - Anguis fragilis - iNaturalist observations


Also, Slow worms *really dislike* Italy:



No comments: