Main Categories: | Landscape | Fenceposts | Wildlife | Trees | Mushrooms | Art | Games || All Posts ||
for daily images, visit my ||Tumblr||

Wednesday 29 August 2012

F-Numbers

Wildife Wednesday #31

Here is a tiny, tiny snail - it is sitting on a nettle leaf, so the size of the leaf serrations is probably your best guide to how small this snail actually is. It is also beautiful!



I have been taking quite a lot of close up photos recently, but I'm always struggling to get enough light - this first photo is with the aperture fully open - F2.8 There is hardly anything in focus, but it is correcly exposed.



The second photo is taken with the aperture down to F10 - more details, but the whole thing is underexposed - grainy and washed out.




I may have to try experimenting with artificial light if I want all the details. I'm loth to do it as the available light is an important part of my photography...

No comments: