Main Categories: | Landscape | Fenceposts | Wildlife | Trees | Mushrooms | Art | Games || All Posts ||
for daily images, visit my ||Tumblr||

Thursday 8 November 2012

Draw 'Manifesto'

Saturday 3rd November was a big night for drawing in Brighton -  Draw's 6 hour themed life drawing event 'The Drawing Circus: Manifesto' The event was elegantly organised, very well attended and there was a great atmsophere in the place.



This time round I decided to work on a single long sheet of paper folded concertina-wise into a book form. 








All of my work was in charcoal with gold paint used for highlights, lending continuity to the finished product and affording me a really intensive block of practice to hone one technique.




Here is my work from the last big Draw event -> Grimm's Tales. Last time round I worked on a scroll - it was nice to not be impeded by page folds, but the finished scrolls are bulky to store and I rarely open them as they are awkward to browse.

No comments: